I am always trying out new dinners in my Instant Pot, many of them involving chicken thighs as I feel they have much more flavor and are juicier than breasts. This recipe is an easy weeknight dinner and offers comfort food at reasonably low calories. Not as laden with spices as most of my recipes, but when you want something that can go from freezer to table in about 35 minutes this is a great go to meal. I tend to eat this as is but you can certainly serve over rice, pasta or a baked potato.
- 6 frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs (reduce cooking time if using thawed chicken)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 shallot, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons Land O Lakes Light Canola Oil Butter (or you can use unsalted butter but the calorie count will be higher)
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup Simply Organic chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups fresh broccoli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper in small bowl and season both sides of the chicken thighs.
- Press sauté on the Instant Pot and melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Working in batches, place the chicken thighs in the Instant Pot and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes each side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and let it melt. Add the garlic and shallot, stir until translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot. Set to Poultry setting for 15 mins then quick release and remove chicken from the pot. (if using thawed chicken reduce time to 7 minutes)
- Press sauté on the instant pot. Take 2 tablespoons of the heavy cream and whisk it with the cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk the remaining cream into the Instant Pot, followed by the cornstarch mixture. Cook, whisking often, until it has lightly thickened. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed and add the chicken back in the pot. Fold in the broccoli then mix in the Parmesan cheese. .
- Eat as is or you can serve on top of pasta or rice.
4 servings = 433 calories or 5 servings = 347 calories
I have the 8qt but if you are single or a family of 2 the 6qt is perfect.
Please note that I may be compensated for products I recommend.